Desert girl, new to BYC...I raise chickens and turkeys

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rssnbabybear, Mar 1, 2016.

1. rssnbabybear

rssnbabybear Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2016
    Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be here. Over the last year I keep typing questions into my internet search engine and keep getting loads of great information from different posts. I decided it was finally time to join.
    I hail from north western New Mexico, and I've been raising chickens and turkeys for about 5 years. Long story short I've been through 4 flocks, and it has been a huge learning curve, but I think I finally have a decent handle on things. I raise them for eggs and butcher and just for the sheer joy of watching them run around scratching and pecking the ground. My husband doesn't understand it, but for me, it's therapy!
    My flock has black sexlinks, barred rocks, Columbian rocks, buff orpingtons, brown leghorns and black australorps. My rooster is an austrolorp named Jack Sparrow. I have a turkey hen that is a standard Bronze and a Tom that is a royal palm. I can't wait to expand my flock and am eager to learn all I can. So excited to finally join this great group of bird keepers!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey, welcome to BYC. We are excited that you have joined our poultry community - birds of a feather do flock together.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - you sure have come to the right place for everything chicken!

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (just type your state in the search box).

All the best
    CT

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the BYC flock, glad you joined us

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by