Desert plum homestead chickies (PICTURES! & UPDATE INFO) HELP!?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Desert Plum, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Desert Plum

Desert Plum Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2009
    So. Calif desert area
    Alrighty! [​IMG] The chicks from McMurrays are about 3weeks old now so I thought I'd put up some pictures. [​IMG]

Please if someone can help me ID what I do have as I'm stumped by what is what. If I gave away all my NHR I'll be pissy but that is my fault for not having them ID earlier.

I am pretty sure I have one of each: New Hampshire Red, Araucana/Americana/Easter Egger, Red Star and Partiridge Rock. Anyway enjoy the chicks and if you know what I am looking at I'd really like to id them properly. Enjoy!

Cinderella: Amerucana. (confirmed) She has a beard but is nervous so she's all tucked in. (Amerucana
    [​IMG]

Stripey: Easter Egger (confirmed)
    [​IMG]

Ebony the Black Australorp (confirmed)
    [​IMG]

Cindy another unknown: Red Star or New Hampshire Red
    [​IMG]

Another shot of Cindy as she sooooo light! (I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HER BREED)
    [​IMG]

Cinnamon the Red Star or Partridge Rock though I am leaning to the latter. (AGAIN STILL UNKNOWN)
    [​IMG]

Ah...my girls! [​IMG] [​IMG] I'll get pictures of the others when they are less freaked out. They are at that DON'T GET NEAR ME, HUMAN! stage [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Beautiful chicks [​IMG]
    Thanks for sharing.

3. Desert Plum

Jan 13, 2009
    So. Calif desert area
    Does anyone know who is who?

4. porteryork

porteryork Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Great chickies. The first two are exactly like my EE's. Cindy has me puzzled, she is way lighter than my New Hamp. The other I don't know. Great job though.

5. Desert Plum

Jan 13, 2009
    So. Calif desert area
    Yeah that kind of threw me because the NHR I have seen are darker. However we are talking about large pullets and full grown hens and Cindy is only three weeks.

6. porteryork

porteryork Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Yes, but I raised mine from day olds so the color I am thinking of was when they were babies. Course I am a novice so what do I know?????[​IMG]

7. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

If stripey has greenish legs (looks like it) then she's an EE [​IMG] She looks just like mine.

Are you sure those are the 4 breeds you have? Cindy looks much more like a golden sex link of some variety and I don't think Cinnamon is a partridge either.

8. Desert Plum

Jan 13, 2009
    So. Calif desert area
    I have two other breeds but they are darker and easier to pick out (Naked Necks, Barred and Delaware).

9. Desert Plum

Jan 13, 2009
    So. Calif desert area
    Do they also call Red Sex link gold as well or is that just a mislabing? Cindy is looking more like a sex link baby (Reddish Gold). Either way she is going to be very light. However there is still a good chance she is NHR. I just don't know and only people here can help with this early id.

Cinnamon I'm still not sure about but I am heavily leaning to Partridge Rock. I think I might have given away all my NHR which sucks because I really wanted to keep one.

10. Desert Plum

Jan 13, 2009
    So. Calif desert area
    :|
    No thoughts at all??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by