Designer Chook House on CL

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Pupsnpullets, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Songster

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert

2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    [​IMG]

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

was smiling right up until I got to the purchase price... then [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. SallyF

SallyF Songster

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Do you think it comes with binoculars for the hens so that they can watch the birds fly up to the optional birdhouse? And does the interior lighting make the decor "pop"?

5. LizzyJo

LizzyJo Songster

Jan 27, 2009
    Aptos CA
    It is really a cute coop, but the yard area for it is way too small. That could be fixed though. AlsoI don't see a people door--you have to crawl in it to clean?

6. Jenski

Jenski Songster

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:Why certainly not - - if you can afford this coop, you can have a maid clean it.

[​IMG]

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Wow, I'm not even paying half that for an 8X12 coop I'm building.

8. PhilErvin

PhilErvin Songster

Sep 11, 2009
    Yucaipa, CA
    I have a certain prejudice against encouraging birds to nest above my chicken coop. I know birds are always around and there is little I can do about it but I am always afraid they may introduce parasites or diseases to my girls.
    I noticed that ad says it is in Palm Springs. If you have ever been to Palm Springs you would know that the picture was not taken there. The picture looks more like some southern region.

9. timp123

timp123 In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2010
    Georgetown, Indiana
    This particular style of coop, seems to be popping up everywhere... there is a website that sales this design along with others. I am amazed at the prices stated... and starting to wonder, if this price is actually being paid.... wow

I guess this can go right beside the $4000.00 Pirate ship playset I have also been seeing that blows me away for kids...
    (Anyone else see these things??!!)

10. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Songster

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    Quote:Excellent point. Never noticed that. When I stop to think about it the house part doesn't have near enough ventilation for Palm Springs summers. It must have been around 105.f here where I am which is close to PS.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by