Desperate for free candy much?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crusty McPottydoodle, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    I can't believe it.

I just had two adults bring their very young (under 3 months old) baby to my door to trick or treat. It's not like ANY of them were even dressed up in a costume.

I really wanted to say "no, get a life". Of course, I am a marshmallow and gave them candy. No doubt that is what they were counting on.

I have decided that anyone who comes to my door without a costume or is clearly too old (highschool is too old) will be required to sing the national anthem. If they are totally too old (obviously adult), then they will be aked to sing it in BOTH official languages.

I've decided that our porch light goes off at 8pm. Trick or treating is for the little kids (at least those who are old enough to eat and enjoy the fruits of their labour).

2. blue fire

blue fire Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    nothing wrong with being in high school and trick-r-treating [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My mom's area gets people like that. Her neighborhood is the only one within about 10 miles that has houses next to each other, so the cars pull in there in droves and it is CRAZY!!!! The worst one I saw there was a filthy mother with a filthy stroller and a filthy child and a filthy pillowcase for HER candy. The kid couldn;t have been more than 6 months old and none of them were in costume. When people come back for seconds - usually the older teens, I tell them point blank, NO WAY.

4. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    Scroooged on All Hallows Eve????

5. debilorrah

Quote:I am gonna stick up Ms. McPottydoodle. Halloween is for little kids.... Teens if they can get REALLY creative make me smile. No costumed people with kids too small to enjoy the treats is just begging. IMHO.

6. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    When teenagers and adults come to my house and they are not in costume or they're rude, I give them raisins.

As long as they put effort into it I don't mind the teenagers. Mine are out in full costume trick or treating right now.

7. Crusty McPottydoodle

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    I will give candy to the highschool kids, but they have to work for it - especially if they come to my door not wearing a costume.

8. debilorrah

Quote:See if they come to my door without a costume, I grill them and give them one dum dum pop.

9. Crusty McPottydoodle

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Quote:I was clear with mine that trick or treating stops with highschool, but they do get the leftover candy. They were all totally fine with that.

10. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    I was gonna say if the baby was in a costume... maybe ... but none? I thought maybe it was a couple with their first baby sooo excited to take their kid trick or treating but sheesh, they have costumes for babies... and hey that mom needs chocolate! [​IMG]

I didnt get a single kid... granted I'm not on the best road for it and the houses are far apart but I'd take a couple with no costume and a baby at this point heheheee

I thought at least my neighbor would bring her two young kids by:confused:
    I have a pumpkin and orange rope lights hanging ....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by