Desperate for ORGANIC layer feed in PELLETS, Chattanooga TN or Atlanta

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by k2, Oct 20, 2011.

1. k2

k2 New Egg

Oct 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

I have been searching HIGH and LOW for Organic layer feed in PELLETS. Thus far I can only find the organic loose feed which my children spill everywhere and we have to feed to the chickens daily in a trough-feeder. I'd prefer weekly feeding in a traditional chicken feeder, with organic PELLETS. If I buy organic pellets on-line, I would have to double the price to pay for shipping. I've checked all the organic dealers already listed on this site - but those are the loose-seed feeds ("Countryside Naturals" and "Burkmann"). Anyone have a store in Tennessee or Georgia they can recommend???
    Our Ace, nor our Tractor Supply, can order organic feed. Our local feed stores don't even know what the term organic is.

Countryside Naturals recommends daily feeding in a trough-feeder if using their loose feed. That is just TOO much work and mess!

1 person likes this.
  2. Sassafras

Sassafras Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    N.H.
    Blue Seal feed sells to the mid-Atlantic so you might want to check out their website www.blueseal.com . I have been getting their organic layer pellets and my chickens are SHINY and healthy.

3. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    Nature's Best from Kreamer, PA sells over much of the nation. Check their website to see where their distributors are. It is a very good feed, but it is vegetarian. Hope this helps.

4. abejita

abejita Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    why don't you try a different feeder? I was having the same problem as you. The hens were billing out the dusty parts to get to their favorite seeds. I bought this feeder and I have not seen them billing out food anymore.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

6. TN_BIRD

TN_BIRD Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Do any of these have something for you?

http://www.yellowpages.com/chattanooga-tn/feed-store

How close are you to Cummings, GA? I think there is a store called Ruckers that carries organic feed.

Cherokee Feed in Ball Ground, GA

Another option is to get in touch with some organic farms and ask if they might help. Make a friend. If they mix up stuff or order feed, maybe they'll order an extra bag for you????

7. k2

k2 New Egg

Oct 20, 2011
    I can't find the feeder on the link. But would LOVE to know what feeder you've found that works for mash feed. THANKS

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  8. farmerstewart

farmerstewart New Egg

Jun 4, 2014
    I live in Cleveland, TN. I have been looking for organic feed as well. Have you found anywhere that sells any in our surrounding area?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by