1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Desperately seeking companion for pullet in Western NC...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by EllyMae, Nov 6, 2008.

1. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

My dear sweet Bugsy died suddenly Tuesday.[​IMG] I am so sad and so is Mrs Prissy. My two girls were raised as day old chicks together and they were best buddies. I still don't know what happed to Bugsy, I just found her dead in the chicken house, laying on the shavings. So now, Mrs Prissy is all alone and she is very frightened by herself. She was the more timid of the two and depended on Bugsy for security. Mrs Prissy is a barred rock.
    If you are in my area and have young pullets you would like to sell(at this point I'm not too picky about the breed) please let me know.
    Thanks so much.

2. EllyMae

Nobody in my area with a young hen for sale? I was hoping for someone on the byc...but I guess I will take a peek at craigs list, etc.

3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Sorry about your loss. [​IMG] I'm no where near you so I can't help with getting your girl a friend (plus I don't have any for sale) but I did want to send you a cyber [​IMG].

4. EllyMae

Thank you so much. It has been a hard week...we are in the middle of moving, then the loss of my Bugsy. Oh, and my husband just left this morning for California and will be gone for a week. UGH! Did I mention that moving really stinks??
    Today Mrs Prissy was all out of sorts...she really misses Bugsy.

5. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Where are you moving to/from? I'm about 25 miles south of Raleigh, in western Johnston county.

6. EllyMae

I'm actually moving within Casar...only about 7miles from my old house. We are now in the new house but still haven't moved all the animals until we get it ready for them. We moved because we found a place with 13 acres and since I have horses, we needed some more space.
    Oh, and Casar is in the foothills of the South Mountains. In fact I am now further up in the foothills and am close to South Mountain State Park....and overrun with Ladybugs, good grief these things are annoying. I hope they die down soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by