Desperately seeking Dorkings

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tgrlily, Mar 26, 2009.

1. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    After reading about chicken breeds on Henderson's & My Pet Chicken, my 9 year old asked me to find him some Dorkings. After looking for awhile & easily finding most of the other breeds we want, I told him that Dorkings are really hard to find. He said, "Of course they are Mom, they're practically endangered & that's why I want them." Apparently, our little eco-boy has decided to Save the Dorkings! [​IMG] He wants to show & breed them & I'm very proud of him.

Can anyone help us out? Red is his favorite, but any color would be fine. We're not in a mad hurry, I don't have much incubator space left. [​IMG]

Thanks!!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    [email protected]
    Jeanne has beautiful Dorkings and sells hatching eggs. Probably not for awhile tho as we have tons of snow right now.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain also has some. [​IMG] I believe hers are silver.

4. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I do... I have Silver Grey Dorking eggs, and I have 12+ available now, even... PM me if you're interested. [​IMG]

I actually talked to Jeanne today... she was disgusted by the fact that we reached 40°F today here in AK, and it was only 8°F there with a ton of snow. [​IMG] It feels like spring here!

5. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:I've been to her website & all over looking for them. I didn't realize anywhere got more snow than Syracuse...lol. Looks like she's sold out till sometime this summer.

6. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    Sandhill Perservation center also has them.

7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I don't know that Sandhill sells eggs... I think only chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by