Desperately seeking Pilgrim eggs

Discussion in 'Geese' started by sonjab314, Jun 5, 2011.

1. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    My two females were killed by a racoon. I have one lonely gander that was hatched this year. I need some more eggs to hatch and hopefully get some girls. I know it is late in the season but if anyone knows where to get eggs PLEASE tell me. Thank you very much.

2. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Hopefully someone here on the forum will contact you.

If not, see if this ebay vendor still has some - she's been posting auctions for them regularly. I got 3 eggs from her just last week. They were packaged really, really well, and she actually ended up sending them express because she was worried about them getting stuck at the PO over Memorial weekend, cost her more than I paid for the entire auction (I offered to reimburse her but she said no). Unfortunately, they did have detached air cells, as did most of the goose eggs I got this year, but that isn't the vendor's fault, she couldn't have packaged them any better. The PO just loves to shake, rattle, and roll them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-purebred-Pilg...aultDomain_0&hash=item20b9fba870#ht_700wt_881

3. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    Don't know if she still has any geese laying, but I just hatched out some pilgrims from BYC member, birdieluv (she's in Arkansas). You might check with her whether her pilgrim eggs are still available.

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:That's the same seller I bought mine from in April & I was very happy with her eggs. They were packaged well & they were shipped out the next day & were sitting in our post office 2 days later. They went under a broody duck & I only ended up with one that hatched, but I think that's pretty good for shipped eggs. We couldn't be prouder of our little gosling; she's 4 weeks old today & it's amazing how much personality she has.
    Good luck [​IMG]

5. Denninmi

Jul 26, 2009
    I carefully candled my 3 eggs last night. All 3 are developing, despite being scrambled in transit. I still won't hold my breath, but at least there's a chance for them.

6. sonjab314

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:Thanks for letting me know. I have been checking ebay daily looking for another auction from her.

7. sonjab314

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:I contacted her. Thank you for leading me to her. She has three eggs in the bator and she only lives about 2-3 hour drive from me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

8. Denninmi

Jul 26, 2009
    Oh, good luck. I hope you find them.

Who knew it would be so hard to find geese?

I was kind of interested in some Sebastopols, too, but geesh, the price they are asking for eggs on Ebay, combined with the poor luck I had on getting eggs to hatch, since most came pre-scrambled courtesy of USPS, I think I'm going to wait for next year and try to order some goslings.

9. sonjab314

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:Those are very pretty too. A friend of mine mailed me 5 sebbie eggs and only one developed but it died right before lockdown. There are all kinds of geese on Craigslist in my area but I want a Pilgrim.

10. sonjab314

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    UPDATE: I have located a goose about 3.5 hours from me. She hatched this year but she is already mostly grown. I'm soooo excited.

ETA: I would have never found her is it had not been the help of my fellow BYCers. Thank you guys sooo much [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by