desperatly need advice, day 23?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by purplebaby, Nov 20, 2007.

1. purplebaby

purplebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    east long island
    ok i have posted that my first ever hen was setting. day 20 was over weekend. no peep no pip. i am down to 3 eggs that are maybe still going to hatch (out of 5) what do i do???

here is the hardest part. my daughter had to be hospitalized (depression) on friday night. she asks every day about the chicks, she was so involved. i hate the fact that i cant tell her we have chicks. what am i gonna do? any one know where i can get some kind of lil chikies i could simply replace with if these arent gonna hatch? i am going to have to get a stronger light to look at them i guess. idk
    thanks for any help or ideas
    mb

2. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    I am so sorry. It's hard enough to to hatch out chicks without having to deal with the worry over your daughter:( If I were close I would give you some of mine. I am sure someone close to you will help you out. Prayers for your daughter.

3. dhansen

dhansen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2007
    Why not buy a couple day old chicks from the feed store and put them under your hen? She won't know the difference if you place them under her at night.

4. purplebaby

purplebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    east long island
    [​IMG] they dont have any... mine are silkie but i just need some sort of bantam, but they have none at all

5. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I would gently tap on the eggs and see if you get a reply. I would candle if no reply. I think I would pip them if they fail the above tests. Sorry, I don't know what I would tell you DD. Maybe its best just to tell her the truth.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by