desperatly need help

babychicks7

Songster
8 Years
Jul 10, 2014
missouri
im freaking out now my calls have gone into lock down i have the humidity up put i cant seen to get the heat up

i have a little giant ..no fan bator

the digital on the bator says 102.9 but the digital inside says 97-98 and i have 2 non digital thermometers inside that are reading the same

im afraid to turn it up to much for fear of frying the poor things

sorry if im in the wrong place but i dont know where else to go im new at hatching and fairly new on BYC

i am going to candle them tonight but i think i may have lost a couple and how do you know if they are upside down?

also i have 1 or 2 that i still saw vains in are they under developed and a couple that have a weird air pockets

temp is 100 and last night around 10pm 2 had pipped !! this morning they both have their beaks poking out lol.. then i have one that i think is an upside downer there is a hole in the bottom ?

Excellent! What day are they on? How many eggs? If you are in lockdown, and they have pipped on time, then it would be logical that your temps have been fine. What have your readings been throughout the whole process?

@RavynFallen is great with Calls, as they are a bit more challenging than other ducks. They need assistance much of the time, depending on their breeding lines.

If you plan to incubate any more, I would suggest testing your thermometer and hygrometers for accuracy also.
smile.png

Good luck!
fl.gif

temp is 100 and last night around 10pm 2 had pipped !! this morning they both have their beaks poking out lol.. then i have one that i think is an upside downer there is a hole in the bottom ?

Did it pip the wrong end?? Can you post a pic?

Temps just slightly cool during hatching is fine, better than risking a temp spike... watch that closely, those LG's can be finicky...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom