Detached Air Cells..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by featherz, Aug 12, 2010.

1. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I have two olive egger eggs with pretty detached air cells - one is a single moving cell and the other appears to be a 'duplex'. Both eggs have what appear to be normally developing chicks. I have them in an egg turner so the large end is always up- any hope these will make it? I assume the chick will eventually get big enough to force the air cell(s) to stop moving, right? I'll keep an eye on the 'duplex' - this is day 12. Anything I can tell when I candle at lockdown to determine if the chick will pip into a 'no air' situation on that 'duplex' air bubble?

2. neener92

neener92 Songster

Aug 30, 2009
    I just recently had 5 out of 7 scrambled duck eggs hatch!

3. BlakesWife

BlakesWife In the Brooder

Apr 19, 2009
    Iberia Parish, Louisiana
    Well, I am in the process of hatching my severely scrambled eggs. I started with 11 total. A few were early quitters but I have 4 left in my bator and a few under a broody hen. Today is day 18 and after another candeling round, they all have movement. If it's any consolidation, my broody just successfully hatched one of them. Not sure how many she has left though, as she's got some of her own in there and I forgot to mark mine. It can be done! If you look at it as none will hatch--and some indeed DO hatch, well, you'll be pleasantly surprised, right? Goodluck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by