Detatched air cell, SUPER pointy egg, how in the world am I supposed to prop it up?

CollieflowersBark

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2021
So, one of my eggs has a very, very pointed little end. It's also kind of long. Whenever I try to prop it up, it always just slides back down. I want to give it the best possible chance with its detached air cell, but I have no idea how to keep the darned thing upright! You SNEEZE too close to it and it falls over. I've got it in an egg carton cup right now but it is so skinny that it isn't really helping. I wanted to wrap a little paper around the base but I am afraid of it getting too warm and dry. Help?

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
My Coop
So, one of my eggs has a very, very pointed little end. It's also kind of long. Whenever I try to prop it up, it always just slides back down. I want to give it the best possible chance with its detached air cell, but I have no idea how to keep the darned thing upright! You SNEEZE too close to it and it falls over. I've got it in an egg carton cup right now but it is so skinny that it isn't really helping. I wanted to wrap a little paper around the base but I am afraid of it getting too warm and dry. Help?
I wouldn't hatch a deformed egg. I feel it would cause issues with development of the embryo.

MissE

Crowing
Oct 17, 2020
Northern MN
Is this an egg from your birds, or did you buy hatching eggs? I wouldn't try hatching any egg that didn't have the correct shape. If you bought this egg, shame on the seller. They should know better.

Top Bottom