detatched air cells???-Help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pefferlawchicken, Jan 27, 2010.

1. pefferlawchicken

pefferlawchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    Ok yesterday i had 12 shipped eggs come to my house all have detahced air cells what should i do to fix them ? will they or can they still hatch?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    Theoretically they can still hatch, but you'll likely have a lower hatch rate. It depends on the severity of detachment as well.

Let them rest and don't turn for at least 12 hours. I'd also keep them in an egg carton in the incubator, so the air cell stays at the top.

I just got an order with VERY detached air cells, and I have 2 of 14 developing at 16 days incubation.

3. pefferlawchicken

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    yea i have them in egg cartons , i hope i get an okay hatch rate i paid 35$ for these eggs and dont want them to die, good luck with your eggs tho [​IMG]

4. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

hmm, i don't understand how air cell can be detached... [​IMG]

well, this is probably only language differences problem. [​IMG]

anyway good luck for both of you. [​IMG]

5. pefferlawchicken

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    do you think it will hurt not truing the eggs for about 2 days , its only day 1 and a few air cells are attatching again , so should i let them sit tommorow and then start turning? what are your thoughts?

6. pefferlawchicken

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    anyone

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

When I get shipped eggs, I let them come to room temp, air sac up for about 8 hours. Then I put them into the incubator but keep the turner off for 24-48 hours. I havent had problems doing that. Dont know if it helps, but its worth a try.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by