Determining Brahma Roosters from Hens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mommawolf, Sep 18, 2016.

1. mommawolf

mommawolf Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2015
    Plainville, GA
    Greetings from No. GA. All the kids are growing like nuts! The Light Brahma's are getting huge and the Buff's are toddling right behind....Love it! But I need to determine their sex and fast. They are approx. 7 weeks old now and they are so freaking smart. The third night in their new ( huge ) run and coop, by the beginning of dusk they all paraded into the coop...I was thrilled. Please someone set me straight. I have looked at dozens of pix but they are when they are fully grown and I can't wait for 2 more months to week out the roosters. Thanks all

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Take some pictures and post it in the "What Breed Or Gender Is This" section.

3. mommawolf

mommawolf Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2015
    Plainville, GA
    Hey thanks Lone Wolf, that's the plan as soon as it stops raining! On a side note, our last name is "Wolf" and my husband has a very cool patch on his vest that says; "lone wolf" so, good choice! LOL>>>> thanks again.

4. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    When you post pictures DO mention age - it's very important in sexing chicks.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, momma wolf, and :welcome. Pleased to have you aboard! Best of luck with those possible roosters!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by