Deviled Duck Egg Help

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by LuckyDuck411, Jan 16, 2011.

1. LuckyDuck411

LuckyDuck411 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My grandma has been waiting all fall/winter for duck eggs so I could make deviled duck eggs. Now that I finally have enough to make some I need some advice. How much longer should I cook them? and How old should they be? I found a previous thread on this and know that they are not for everyone. I know when I make them from store bought chicken eggs I usually wait 2-3 wks so they peel really easy. Once I used some I just bought a few days before and those eggs looked terrible after I got done peeling them. I was too embarrassed to use them!
    Thanks for all your help!

2. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:Are your duck eggs a lot larger that chicken eggs? I use the classic rule to boil an Extra large chicken egg 2 minutes more than a standard Large egg and a Jumbo 3 minutes more than a Extra large. (but usually use smaller eggs for deviled eggs) When done boiling place in ice water with cubes also. I peel mine under running cold water, it seems to help to remove the membrane to give a clean egg.

3. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I read somewhere on here that duck deviled eggs dont taste the same and not to use fresh eggs, use eggs a few weeks old and they taste better. I could be wrong but im sure I read it on here.

4. LuckyDuck411

LuckyDuck411 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    yeah we got Pekins and their eggs are almost 2x the size of the large store size chicken eggs we used to buy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by