Deviled eggs!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by JennsPeeps, Dec 24, 2008.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I'd hoped to save up enough of our own eggs for Christmas Eve potluck but as we've got just one layer, it didn't happen. But our neighbors have chickens so we bartered for some eggs. i just made some really pretty deviled eggs!

My mom won't eat my eggs b/c she's grossed out by the idea of home-grown eggs. [​IMG] So dumb.

Anyway, I use the following ingredients until I get the taste I want. Today's batch was milder than normal b/c I used whole grain mustand instead of dijon. Oh well.

Mayo
    Dijon mustard
    Sweet pickle juice
    Siracha (or any hot sauce)
    Salt
    Pepper

Mix until you've got the flavor you want. Go slowly on the hot sauce: you can always add more but you can't take it out.

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yummy....you are making me want to make deviled eggs. [​IMG] I haven't in quite awhile and the kids and I just LOVE them!!!

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Well, I did have to eat one to get the whole batch to fit on the platter. It was a sacrifice, yes...

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Don't you just hate when that happens. [​IMG] It's amazing what we women do for the good of others!!! [​IMG]

5. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:Don't feel bad...I have 30 laying hens and we used up so many eggs cooking for the holidays and eating them that I ended up sending my daughter to the store for eggs today.

I'm adding a couple dozen pullet chicks in the spring...so hopefully we will have enough eggs for the whole family this next year.

Your deviled eggs sound good!!

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Can I eat the ones your mom doesn't want? [​IMG]

7. gutshall

gutshall Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2008
    I am one of those whose husband and brothers LOVE deviled eggs but I am still looking for a way to make them burpless (for my sake.) Any ideas?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by