1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Deviled Eggs

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by YumaJohnny, Mar 13, 2010.

1. YumaJohnny

YumaJohnny Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2009
    Yuma
    I found these ideas for deviled eggs in a magazine in a doctors office - They were just really cool so I had to make some. Enjoy! The one of the left is suppose to be devil horns and the other is a baby chick!

[​IMG]

2. tamelroy

tamelroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    Mass
    what did you use, that is so cute! very creative![​IMG]

3. YumaJohnny

YumaJohnny Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2009
    Yuma
    Just make the deviled eggs like you would however you like (the yolk part) On the "deviled egg" you can sprinkle with red pepper instead of paprika and use sliced red bell peppers for the horns (easy). On the "chick deviled egg" you use carrots to make the feet (just slice a round part of the carrot and make feet) use small sections of the carrot to make the chicken lips, use cilantro or parsley for the comb on the head and use capers for the eyes (i only had whole black pepper -don't recommend to eat that way) When you cut the eggs don't cut the normal length way but cut the fat part of the egg to get the yolk out then cut the small part so it will stand up. Super great with Easter around the corner!!! Enjoy!!!

4. hnbubz

hnbubz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    very creative! looks tasty too [​IMG]

5. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I just may do that!! My Mother will be hosting Easter this year and I'll claim that as one of my side dishes!

6. tamelroy

tamelroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    Mass
    thanks I am gonna try that! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by