1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dewlap Toulouse Eggs...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Calebs Acre, May 4, 2009.

1. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    My grey dewlap toulouse geese have been laying (finally) and I have a quite a few fertile eggs in the incubator (two are moving around and due to hatch in the next couple of days.)
    I have been considering selling a couple of their eggs, but I am not sure if I should offer them as a pre-sale? They are not laying on a regular basis. I might get two in a day, one the next day and then nothing for four days. LOL.
    One of the girls has taken up residence in one of the Little Tikes cottages I give them and she has a gorgeous nest built. She seems to be the most reliable layer though she takes after me and doesn't like to lay until about 2PM.
    I'm just curious about if any of you other dewlap owners can suggest what price I might ask for the eggs and how you think I should handle the "maybe today---maybe not" nature of the girls. Most of my girls are young and won't be laying until next year, but I do have two beautiful adults females.
    Next year, I plan to be more organized!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by