Dewormer for cats?

FarmerGirl101

Crowing
7 Years
Jun 20, 2016
California
Hello! We have a little issue about a cat so I will tell you about what happened. (sorry as it is a bit long)
So we have a cat that doesn't have an owner (a stray) and my neighbour calls him The Guest Cat or GC for short. For the past month, he has been MIA at their house (they have the food) since he got in a little fight with the resident dogs. I found him today in the yard of an abandoned house. As I went out to give a present to the neighbours, I found him in the front yard and gave him some food and water, he just gobbled the food down. I talked to my neighbour who doesn't know what to do. Apparently,y the cat is 16? So what do y'all think? I feed him an outdoor cat feed with no grain or soy. I think a dewormer would help. What do you think?

Hello! We have a little issue about a cat so I will tell you about what happened. (sorry as it is a bit long)
So we have a cat that doesn't have an owner (a stray) and my neighbour calls him The Guest Cat or GC for short. For the past month, he has been MIA at their house (they have the food) since he got in a little fight with the resident dogs. I found him today in the yard of an abandoned house. As I went out to give a present to the neighbours, I found him in the front yard and gave him some food and water, he just gobbled the food down. I talked to my neighbour who doesn't know what to do. Apparently,y the cat is 16? So what do y'all think? I feed him an outdoor cat feed with no grain or soy. I think a dewormer would help. What do you think?
Wormer sure would help as would a dose of flea treatment. (Not Hartz Sargents or Adams they cause problems) Good canned food or cooked meat would help a lot too. Any way to give him some shelter in a nice barn or other place to hide from predaters? Senior cats are kind of rare, aas they don't usually live past 7 or 8. A soft landing at his age would keep him around longer and more comfortably. Thanks for looking out for him! You are a blessing.

I need one that I can put in his water and/or food.
Nice shelter is one where he can get into a building and up on a high place away from coyotes and dogs. Someplace where he can get warm and dry when weather is bad. An out building that needs a mouser! Start luring him to it with nice stinky canned food and get him to follow you to it. As for wormer you can get liquid prazaquantal or even childrens pinworm med from pharmacy - it is over the counter. Put about 2 ml in some tuna or stinky canned food. Re dose in 2 weeks. Watch to see thathe eats it all. Helps if you take away morning chow and don't feed a whole bunch of food when you dose it. In other word let him get hungry,dose him and then feed more afterwords.

Back
Top Bottom