dewormer?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Dec 13, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    What is a good dewormer for Seramas (or Bantams in general)?
    I just got an email from the lady who just had 2 of my babies shipped in an she informed me they both had mites.. I checked all of my birds from the brooder the 2 babies came from an no one else had mites but the box I used was a box I had when I got another bird shipped in last week.. I checked that bird an it did have mites (thank goodness for quarintine).. So now im totally stripping everything down tomorrow and dusting and giving EVERYONE a bath and I also want to get dewormer into everyone since I know they all should be old enough by now (no less then 3 months old).. So what would be a good dewormer to use?

2. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Oh an to add to this... Has anyone ever heard of using Pumpkins as a wormer?

3. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Pumpkin seed is used as a preventative maintenance, not a wormer; other preventative maintenance measures include hot red pepper/cayenne and diatomaceous earth.

Look for posts from Dawg53 regarding Valbazen use. Also could use Wazine (will only treat roundworm), Ivermec or SafeGuard (cattle wormer).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by