Deworming help?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by katelk, Nov 29, 2014.

1. katelk

katelk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2013
    White Bluff, TN
    What product is the best for getting out the most types of worms? I have been trying to research this, but it is so overwhelming. Any info or advice will be appreciated.

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    • Valbazen at 0.08ml per pound orally once will treat roundworms, cecal worms, capillary worms and *maybe* some species of tapeworms. Repeat in ten days. Given three days in a row it will probably treat gapeworms, but don't quote me on that. [​IMG]

• Safeguard liquid for goats/cattle at 0.23ml per pound orally for five consecutive days will treat roundworms, cecal worms, gapeworms, capillary worms and *maybe* some species of tapeworms.

Bang for the buck, Valbazen is it, but one usually has to order it.

-Kathy

1 person likes this.
  3. katelk

katelk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2013
    White Bluff, TN

When you say per pound, does that mean per pound of chicken? How can I treat the whole flock if I have no idea how much they weigh? Do you put this in their water or food or have to administer to each bird? Thanks!

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by