DEworming with Safe-Guard 0.5% Dewormer PELLETS

Rkhan

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2019
I need some serious help. This is the first time I found worms in my chicken's poop. I live far from Tractor Supply so I went and this is all they had: 0.5% of dewormer for cattle, horse, swine and turkeys. it is in pellet form
can i give 4-5 pellets to my chicken who is a bantam silkie and no more than 5 pounds? they had no goat wormer paste or anythign like that.
i have to work with what i got, can someone please help?

Can you take that back and get Safeguard liquid goat dewormer instead?

1621524506798.png

I need some serious help. This is the first time I found worms in my chicken's poop. I live far from Tractor Supply so I went and this is all they had: 0.5% of dewormer for cattle, horse, swine and turkeys. it is in pellet form
can i give 4-5 pellets to my chicken who is a bantam silkie and no more than 5 pounds? they had no goat wormer paste or anythign like that.
i have to work with what i got, can someone please help?
I'm having the exact same situation with safeguard dewormer pellets. What answers did you get to deworm your chickens

Hi, I’m having trouble dosing the pellets too. That’s all they had. I only have 6 chickens. Any help appreciated!!!

Following - I have the same question about dosing with pellets.
@Kriscam you can find Safeguard Liquid Goat Dewormer or Equine Paste at TSC. Fenbendazole is dosed by weight. If you treat each bird, then you will know each bird was dewormed correctly instead of relying on them eating pellets.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/any-experience-with-worming-pellets.1498296/

Can you take that back and get Safeguard liquid goat dewormer instead?

View attachment 2679458

@Kriscam you can find Safeguard Liquid Goat Dewormer or Equine Paste at TSC. Fenbendazole is dosed by weight. If you treat each bird, then you will know each bird was dewormed correctly instead of relying on them eating pellets.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/any-experience-with-worming-pellets.1498296/
I didn't purchase the pellets, just thought they looked like they might be easier. I followed Gail Damerow's suggestion to use 3ml x gallon of the 10% liquid Safe Guard for the whole flock. My wormiest little hen is still excreting a few tapeworms after the second round of dosing, so not confident it did the trick. How many days in a row do you recommend with the direct dosing?

Back
Top Bottom