Deworming... ?

WhiteMountainsRanch

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 19, 2010
San Diego, CA
I have heard it's super hard on the chicken. I haven't seen anything that looks like worms, but they have never been dewormed. Do I need to do it, or not until I see an infestation?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was about to ask the same question
smile.png
also, not to hijack but rather then starting a whole new thread..

HOW do you worm chickens? I've done searches on Worming Chickens, How to worm chickens, and nothing came up about how to worm them. Thanks!

I just bought verm-x after reading about it on this site... it's an all-natural product with no egg withdrawal that is simply sprinkled on their food for 3 days once a month. This was the first time I wormed my girls, and used it as a preventative (they're about 20 weeks). I put it on top of the food in the feeder after they were in for the night and it was dark, and it was all gone fairly early in the morning. It is an easy, natural alternative to harsher chemical wormers. This is the link to the website http://www.verm-xusa.com/. Good luck!

If your chickens are acting lethargic, not eating/drinking like they should, slowed or not laying eggs and not acting like a chicken should......scratching, pecking etc....chances are thay have worms. Do not use natural wormers like verm-x, DE, crushed garlic etc... You need to use a chemical wormer to kill them....not preventatives like the so called natural wormers that wont kill worms. Use wazine 17 first, then 2 weeks later follow up with one of the following wormers; ivermectin pour on,valbazen, safeguard paste. After worming with the wazine, provide your chickens with plain yogurt or buttermilk mixed in their feed. Same thing with the other 3 wormers I mentioned after wazine use.

Dawg, thanks for the tips! I appreciate them as well
smile.png
I was wondering.. Should anybody run into worms, HOW do you give them the ivermectin pour on? Do you just put it on their food? Thanks again
big_smile.png
helpful information!

Back
Top Bottom