1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

DFW Area, Texas: Easter Egger, Black Jersey Giant and Barred Brahma Cockerels

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by lazypifarm, Oct 19, 2013.

1. lazypifarm

lazypifarm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2011
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Hi! We have a few cockerels to rehome. They were essentially chick-shaped packing peanuts for an order of Jersey Giants. Now they are about 5 months old, and I need to get them off the feed bill!

The barred Brahma (might not be purebreed) is very handsome, and looks like he's going to get big, if I can judge by leg size. He's not terribly friendly, but he's not aggressive.

The Easter Egger mutt is a brown cockerel with black markings. He's very friendly and gentle, he follows me around and I can pick him up easily. I hate to eat the gentle ones! He has a single comb, not a pea comb.

We also have black Jersey Giant cockerels. We have 3, and we really don't need so many. Sorry my picture is crappy, it was dinnertime and they wouldn't hold still! All I got were butt pictures.

If they stick around until they mature, we'll eat them, and be grateful to them for the food they provide. But if they can serve another purpose on another farm, I'd be glad to see them go on to live longer lives. We live in Mansfield, TX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Poultryboy15

Poultryboy15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2012
    Texas
    i would like to take 1 cockerel if you can pay shipping. im in TX, hoping to get a cockerel from you, since you have the 3 breeds that im looking for, so hope you can. [​IMG]

3. Poultryboy15

Jan 9, 2012
    Texas
    and if i can get 3 JG cockerels. still deciding weather to take just the 3 JG or 2 JG and one of the others.........

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  4. lazypifarm

Dec 5, 2011
    Grand Prairie, TX
    What's your zip code?

5. Poultryboy15

Jan 9, 2012
    Texas

6. lazypifarm

Dec 5, 2011
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I looked into shipping. Since they're too big for chick boxes, I'd have to get a USPS approved animal crate, which would be cost prohibitive by itself. So sorry everyone, I cannot pay to ship them. They are pickup only now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by