DH ate the Fair eggs!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by australorpchick, Sep 16, 2009.

1. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    I'm so irritated at DH! Last week I told the family not to eat the Chickchick eggs (the only dark brown eggs we get), since I had to start saving them for the County Fair. DH has been home sick with the flu since Friday. I found out last night, he's gone through almost all the eggs, including the Chickchick eggs! [​IMG] When I got mad at him, he blamed me and said I should have separated them. They were separated! I left them on the counter, instead of putting them in the egg box. With only a week until I have to turn them in, I will probably only have 7. I hope the committee will take 7 eggs instead of 12. [​IMG]

2. AmyBella

AmyBella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Sounds like something my husband would do!

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Remind him that you did tell the damily to not eat them, and tell him that he now owes you an additional (pick your breed) hen.

4. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Bah! I am so sorry!

[​IMG]

5. OutInTheStiks

OutInTheStiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Thorn Hill, TN
    At least he felt like eating while he had the flu and didn't end up in the hospital dehydrated or malnourished.

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I think he owes you another chicken. [​IMG]

7. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Why is it the more time I spend on BYC, the more I am convinced that human males and roosters have SO much more in common every day? Does anyone else start thinking of their DH like that? And wonder if the "dominate your rooster" strategies will work on DH? *snicker, snicker*
    PS never mind

8. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:LOL! I don't think my husband would appreciate me yanking him up by his neck when he wanted to get cocky.

9. AmyRey

AmyRey Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Quote:I won't say it...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by