DH caught me with a chicken in the house!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Zenbirder, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Zenbirder

Zenbirder Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    New Mexico
    One of my favorite hens, Henry (We used to think she was a roo and the name stuck), cam wandering by yesterday afternoon. So I put the cat out back and opened the door and in she came. Well about ten minutes later DH came back from his workshop..... I guess the picture says it all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He really is the best! [​IMG]

2. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Hubby doesn't seem to mind! [​IMG]

3. Aun <HIS><

Aun <HIS>< Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Lol...

When I told my husband that I wanted to get chickens again, he said, "Ok, that's fine, but NO CHICKENS IN THE HOUSE THIS TIME!" lol... He knows me.

Well, then my 4 week old (at the time) easter egger got pecked pretty bad on the neck, so of course she had to be segregated while she healed, and it was obviously too cold outside, soooo.... She became a house chicken [​IMG] Then, I tried everything to get the flock to take her back, and they wouldn't. She didn't grow normally while she was healing, was so much smaller than the rest, and they kept pecking her. So, obviously she had to stay an inside chicken. [​IMG] I made a diaper cover for her, use pieces of pad inside, which has to be changed every few hours. We put her in the run during the day with one of the other chickens, alternating them, so maybe one day she can re-join the flock. The rest of the flock free-ranges. Then we bring her in a few times during the day, and all night, where she sleeps in a cat carrier. After dark, and before we go to bed, she "free-ranges" in the house, lol. She jumps up on my lap to sleep, follows the dogs around, chicken-scratches the carpet. And my husband looks alot like YOUR husband in that pic! lol [​IMG]

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

My DH hates that I let mine in the house...when I got in the car accident, Obelisk and Penny were in the house, because I didn't expect to be gone long...Doom on me...[​IMG]

5. Looks like 'chicken love to me...

(((belated hugs)))

(I'd be more sympathetic if you got rid of that poor plucked chicken rolling that everlasting egg)

Lisa

6. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Dipsy Doodle Doo be glad you get to see the chicken run, I'm still on dial up, and didn't get to see it run till I went online at the Library, I LIKE IT [​IMG](first look I thought it was a frog)

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

LOL Dipsy...
    Someone found that for me when I first got on the EZboard BYC...

8. 6chix

6chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    Western Ma
    My chicken are great, however there is a rule"no poultry in the house". I think my son trys to sneak chicka in once in a while when I'm not home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by