DH fighting an 800 acre fire Update post 17

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Jun 4, 2011.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    Please pray for all the fire men fighting fires. we are in southeast texas and are having a severe drought and this heat is rediculous. there is 2 major fires. one in jasper texas and one in kountze texas. the one in kountze is the one my dh is at(i am so worried he had quadruple by pass last year ) I begged himnot to go. Iam so worried about him in this heat. there is at least 5 different fire departments and the forestry service on this fire ad they are still shorthanded...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  2. Crazy4mypeeps

Crazy4mypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    Prayers going up. Keep us posted.

3. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    I will pray for him.

4. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    He called me a minute ago. says he is driving the brush truck and spraying water and foam on houses so they dont catch fire. I feel a little better. its gonna be a long night. I was gonna babysit my grandson tonight for my DD 20th birthday but that fell thru. Aydens night nurse will be there to watch him... so i will try not to worry . the fire is about 10 miles or so away from muy house. it has 3 heads on it. hopefully they can get it under control soon... it went from 50 acres to 800 acres since noon and its now 5 pm.

thanks for all the prayers. I dont usually worry so much when DH is out fighting fires but this one for some reason I am worried about.

5. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Prayers!

6. CrazyChickensEverwhere

CrazyChickensEverwhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    praying

7. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    every fire department from Hardin county is fighting this fire plus 2 from jefferson county

8. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] for you, and [​IMG] for your husband and his fellow firefighters. Hope they can get the fire contained.

9. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    Send a prayer for all firefighter, spec your hubby. They are all amazing

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by