DH fighting an 800 acre fire Update post 17

fl.gif

We are in Leon county, Centerville, they lifted our burn ban for some reason. On the police scanner you hear alot of calls for controled burns that have gotten out of hand. We live on a main hyway I worry every day that some one throws a cigerette (sp) out the car and startes a fire. Hope they get the fire out and Dh is ok

piecemaker

Tell him and the rest of the guys thanks for us, chixie. The Hardin County fire wasn't far from our house and we were getting a game plan together to evacuate if necessary.
The smoke is really bad this morning.
Again, I hope your DH did OK yesterday and tell him we appreciate his hard work.
smile.png

thank you for all yor prayers... the fire is contained at the moment. it burned estimated 1500 acres... the only structure I know burned was a barn. they saved the homes and no body got hurt . and the man who started the fire is in jail. he was burning copper to sell and left it burning while he went somewhere... we have been under a burn ban for several months now.

thank you for all of your prayers

fire is no longer contained. it has jumped the fire break.. .please pray for the families whose homes are in danger and the firefighters who are having to fight it and also the forestry servive

Thanks for the update, Chixie. Looks like we may(please God) be going to get a bit of rain here shortly. Won't be much, but anything will help.
Praying for the fire fighters and the Forestry Service guys out there in this horrible heat.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom