DH gets a lesson about broodies

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by horsejody, Aug 20, 2008.

1. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I have one chicken that we refer to as the Broodie from [email protected]!l. She gets in the barn cats' food dish and refuses to leave. If I attempt to mover her, I will have bloody stumps where my hands used to be. DH, on the other hand, can pick her up. She seems to like him better. Every night he retrieves her from the barn and returns her to the coop. Poor DH came in the house covered with pooh telling me that something must be wrong with Buffy, because she had a stinky poop explosion all over him when he picked her up. He didn't know it was possible for a hen to save up that much poop. The poor guy didn't know the dangers of broody poop! She got his shirt, his pants, his shoes and the cat standing next to him. Hopefully, he will still get her out of the barn for me every night.

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    [​IMG] gotta love those ol' broodies

3. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG]

ETA: Send him out in his rain gear tonight, you can hose him off when he's done! lol

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Gotta love those broodies!

5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] Rain gear sounds like a great idea!

6. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    I just found new respect for our constantly broody hen Edna. Hatch all the golf balls and ping pong balls you want [​IMG]

7. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Isn't that broody poop scary??? Hard to believe something that huge could come out of a tiny chicken butt. [​IMG]

8. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    He should get one of the full body suits like the npip guy wears when he comes to do the chickens! Complete with boot covers! [​IMG]

Broody poo is HORRID!

9. Chicky Joy

Chicky Joy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Um, broody poo? I don't have any experience with this. I'd rather be armed with knowledge (even if it's unpleasant knowledge).

10. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    It's the most horrific stench you can imagine, basically. hehe Basically I guess b/c of their diet or something when they are brooding eggs and chicks, their manure is horrible, horrible smelly and can range from diarrhea like to cow patty like. heh It's BAD. Makes me want to gag every time I have a broody. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by