DH goes back to Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickensducks&agoose, Jun 30, 2010.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

DH is being picked up by his brother tomorrow morning at 4am, to take him up to the airport, to fly back to afghanistan. He's been home 2 weeks, and things have felt so 'normal' since he's been back. I am just sick at the thought of letting him go. my 2 DDs, 5&3 are also devastated, and I just want to puke. He was gone 5 months already, and I really hate the military. Plus, he's going back to a less safe area than he's been in, which increases everyone's stress. prayers I guess might help, if y'all have any... makes me just want to lay down and not wake up 'til he can come home for good... but the kids would starve, which'd be bad.

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Thank you both for your sacrifice. Hugs and prayers.

Micah

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:x2 [​IMG]

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI

x3

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

x3 [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I am SO sorry. I will keep you both on my list. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    chickensducks&agoose :

DH is being picked up by his brother tomorrow morning at 4am, to take him up to the airport, to fly back to afghanistan. He's been home 2 weeks, and things have felt so 'normal' since he's been back. I am just sick at the thought of letting him go. my 2 DDs, 5&3 are also devastated, and I just want to puke. He was gone 5 months already, and I really hate the military. Plus, he's going back to a less safe area than he's been in, which increases everyone's stress. prayers I guess might help, if y'all have any... makes me just want to lay down and not wake up 'til he can come home for good... but the kids would starve, which'd be bad.

I know exactly how you feel [​IMG] my dh just got here(an early surprise) and I am dreading him leaving again. We still have a few more days but I know the kids(14,12,9,7,4,2,5mo) will have a hard time with him leaving again, especially my 4yo autistic son and 2yo dd. I feel for you [​IMG]

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Steven just landed in St. Louis going to Ft. Leonard Wood.

9. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    Hugs and prayers and my thanks! [​IMG]

10. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

All I can say is thank you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by