DH got a LOCAL J.O.B...YaY!!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Ema, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    So DH has been working out of town for the last year building roads. He is always gone between 2 or three weeks and then home for only 4 days.

His company told him yesterday his contract was done since they finished a huge one and that they had no immediate position for him even though they tried really hard to get him one but all other supervisors were overflowing with employees, and had no choice but to lay him off or he could just wait till they found him a spot somewhere else, likely even further away from home and that would take weeks or even up to a month. We sat here all morning trying to decide what in the world to do and then I said well I do have to run to walmart to pick up some things for our beach trip tomorrow. We ran into another employee who works with him and she handed him a number and said go home and call it. so He did. the guy hired him immediately saying he had heard a lot about him and was hoping he would call him. He was immediately given a better job and position making more money, off at 5 every night so he could be home with the kids and weekends. We are so happy, and I know he is bouncing up and down inside like a little girl, he just hates being away from here and misses the kids terribly when he is gone, and me too!! :-D

I just had to share the good news!!!

2. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] So nice to hear some good news for a change!

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

That is wonderful news!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    CONGRATS! Great news! They keep saying it's getting better out there, but it'll be a slow road, I think!

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

If things go the way it did for us, three months ago, hubby was terminated from his job of two years and two weeks. Within two weeks, he got a job with the subcontractor of CAT and brought home even MORE money than he did in his lifetime! He only gets Sundays off but its better than nothing.

Even the gloom and doom of unemployment, I am hoping people here on BYC will be starting to have jobs back again.

6. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  7. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Congrats!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by