DH is a chicken addict!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BarkerChickens, Dec 18, 2009.

1. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    DHs family has been going out to the desert to go ride dirt bikes and buggies since before he was a thought in his mama's mind. There is a HUGE group of friends and family that go...we're talking between 10-20 RVs depending on the year. So, my MIL has been asking us if we are going out for New Years. DH keeps coming up with excuses...."Shelby (me) has to finish her thesis paper", "I need to get the bikes fixed and don't have the time" (mind you getting it "fixed" is that it needs a new battery and the carb could be cleaned I'm sure...a day at most), "I have to work on stuff around the house" and various other excuses. I don't think he has ridden his bike since January 2007 (and I only ride mine if we are going out to the desert, etc). Well, his mom is getting used to it by now...he hasn't ridden his bike much (if at all) since he came home from a hiking trip exclaiming "I want to get chickens!". So, a few minutes after explaining to her how he really doesn't want to go to the desert for New Year's, he sees an Xmas tin in her garage and said "Ooohhh!! Mom! Can I have that! I can use that to keep my chickens water from freezing!". [​IMG] Well, I guess he has his project that he has to get done at the house now! [​IMG] [​IMG] My MIL tells everyone that he is a chicken farmer now and that's why he doesn't go to the desert any more.

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:I don't see a problem with that. You get to have chickens, and you don't have to take trips with relatives. Its a win-win situation!

3. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I understand his point of view.
    I go out to the desert for prospecting, not to ride. I've passed on several three and four day trips because I need to be here to fee my birds.
    I AM going out for a week end in January But I'll be back on a Monday night so it won't be too bad.

4. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Quote:I don't see a problem with that. You get to have chickens, and you don't have to take trips with relatives. Its a win-win situation!

Oh, I don't have a problem with it! Trust me! [​IMG] I just think it is funny how addicted he has become with chickens. He and his best friend will be out in the garage playing pool, drinking beer..talking about chickens. I just find it hilarious how he went from dirt biking several times a year for 40 years to not at all...because of chickens (feeding them, etc isn't an issue. We have friends and family who take care of the animals when we are away).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by