DH is a very very happy guy today

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Crazy4Chicks, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Let me start by saying we are not animal horders or backyard breeds of any knd - all our pets are well loved for and cared for.

Ok last night Dh went to a friends house to get a couch he was giving us ( a really cool vintage couch - old style I love it ) anyway - he has a litter of weenie dogs - and told DH if he wanted one he could have one. Well there was a very nice looking dapple male ( pick of the litter ) DH started to get that one, but in that litter is a very plain black and tan female and for some reason DH said she looked at him and just asked to be picked up.
    So I am waiting here at the house for the couch and in comes DH with this little pup.
    Well he named her Lucy after his best friend who was killed awhile ago. She was a heeler/weenie mix and she was hit and killed by a car and DH has never gotten over it. Lucy was the kind of dog that would sing along with DH it was kinda funny watching them together everywhere he was Lucy was with him.
    So when he named the new pup Lucy I thought I was going to cry.

Everyone I swear this is the happiest I have seen DH in a long time - he has called me 3 times from work today to check on his baby.
    I will get pictures of them together this weekend.

So now with Lucy - we have 6 dogs - and like I said we are not horders just love our furry kids LOL ( but we are done - no more dogs for along time LOL )

so with 6 dogs ( two of which are puppy's I will never get anything done around here - and Abbey's two pups are starting to walk - but they both have homes waiting for them so right now there are a total of 8 dogs here )

a very tired
    Julie

2. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Julie I am so happy for you husband. And Lucy too. [​IMG]

3. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    This was very touching - sounds like a match made in heaven, all the way around. All the best [​IMG]
    JJ

4. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I wish my DH was like that. I want to get my dog, Bear, a puppy to play with but DH says no. Good to hear that puppy is going to have a great home with you and your DH.

5. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    i have 5, 3 blue healers 1 carin terrier and 1 chihuhua. I know how you feel but i have to admit i want another chihuhua. good luck with your puppy and i am glad that your dh is happy about it

6. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    MyDachshund is my very best child!! Lucky you Julie, that willbe a great addition to your family--might even sit in that chair with those cute chickens (still one of my fav pics!!)!!1 I am thrilled for you!! Weenies are pretty much one person dogs, although she will love you both, that dog will bond with one of you and that will be it, forever, follow that person everywhere...the trick is to never look into that precious little face when the yipping starts!! It was love at first sight for me, I've never seen a cuter dog in my life than a dachshund puppy!!! Lucky ya'll!!!!!! Congrats!!!

7. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    That's great! My sister has a black and tan Dachshund named Lucy!

8. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    we have 9 dogs [​IMG]

9. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I was not to excitied when DH came home with this knit stocking cap with this little tinney weenie in it, I love big dogs ( well to be exact my boxers ) but since I am home with Lucy while DH works - she is so darn cute with her tiny little legs trying to keep up with me while I paint the livingroom - to funny - she is also great company for my little boxer girl Gypsy.
    This mornig started off cold like around 20 something so I had a sweather on with deep pockets and Lucy was complaining she was cold so I put her in the pocket - she feel right to sleep - I completely forgot she was there - I went out to feed the chickens, gather morning eggs - she went along for the ride - never complained. I have been painting nd she has been sleeping in a laundry basket all cozy and cute.

she is about the smallest dog I have ever had around my feet so the laundry basket is to keep her from getting stepped on LOL she is going potty on puppy pads along with Gypsy so this might work out well having two pups at the same time, and when Abbey's boys are old enough to come in the livingroom - there will be 4 pups to play together ( until the boys go to thier new homes [​IMG] ).

glad to see I am not the only one with multi dog homes

Julie

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh Julie, thats such a touching story. My mother has a new weenier dog. She found him on the side of the road, last november. He was shivering, wet, and had blood coming from his nose. Looked like he was just tossed out the car window. ( she lives in an area where this happens ALOT, so sad) So anyways...she turns around and picks him up. Next morning takes him straight to the vet...and he is fine altho a little hypothermic. They gave fluids, and he is now the feistiest little bugger you have ever seen!She named him Boomer! His "brother" Bear, is a 120 pound Rotty. They are so cute together. So glad your DH got you another pup...and NO, we KNOW you are not a hoarder...I have 3 pomeranians, and a Doberman...ok, maybe I am a CHICKEN hoarder! LOL Naaaaaaa, just an addict!
    Congrats on the new puppy!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by