DH IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickabator, Apr 11, 2009.

1. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    Why is it that some men have no concept of money? My dh is one of those men. He does not seem to understand if you don't have the money it is not there!! They think that the paycheck should be there no matter how many bills are paid that the whole thing should still be in the bank! and you try to explain that it is not there but they don't seem to understand that!!!! He thinks he ought to be able to buy whatever he wants and still have the money to pay the bills it does not work that way!!!! He acts just like a litte child having a temper tantrum if he doesn't get what he wants he pouts, kicks screams just like a 2 year old!!!! OOOOO I am so mad right now. I feel like ringing his neck but I can't do that.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Maybe make a spreadsheet for him to carry around so he can track how much he is spending. Now, getting him to actually write it down is another issue. [​IMG]

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I know how you feel sometimes. Last week DH wanted a BluRay player, earlier this week it was a computer (his is broken), and yesterday it was a new boat motor! Then I have to be the "bad guy" and tell him we don't have the money...I hate that.

4. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Let him handle his own finances and you handle your own finances. That way you don't have to act like his mommy.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    The BIG two for divorce?

$$$Money and
    Intamacy.

6. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Quote:I never could understand that. If you are married, everything should be a joint income. Not seperated. I know some people like that and just shake my head and wonder why did they get married in the first place?[​IMG] JMO
    chickabator, take away the checkbook or sit with him and show him the numbers don't just tell him, show him.
    Good luck

7. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    Pray, Pray, Pray!

Dave Ramsey is a Christian finanical person. Our church does his workshops. Maybe a church close to you is hosting one too.

Pray, Pray, Pray!

8. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Henry- I think there may be other reasons to get married other than to combine finances. I just think if people have different styles of handling money, rather than drive each other crazy they should just take care of their own finances. You can share a lot when you are married but you are still two people - not one.

9. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:[​IMG]

10. Momma_Cluck

Momma_Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    Make HIM pay the bills and buy the groceries for a couple months...

Mine is still the same way-- but getting better after I MADE him sit at the PC and go thru all the bills that were due and the Bankbook...

THEN I took him grocery shopping.... he was just grabbing whatever he wanted, I was using the list of what we NEEDED...

when we got to the checkout & started ringing it up (it's one of those You scan it yourself things) he FINALLY realized what I was talking about...
    SURE-- a few bars are "only" $5... but when you add all the other junk/goodies/extras-- it adds up fast.... and he had just never "gotten" it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by