DH is in the Dog House Tonight

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by justbugged, Jan 11, 2011.

1. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Okay first thing is I love my DH. We just celebrated 28 years in December. But DH travels for work, and today he left for Las Vegas to set up for a trade show. He will be gone for 2 weeks. Normally this is no big deal. We have been doing this now for 13 years, and I know that he great at his job. We talk nearly very day on the phone. When we dated we often talked on the phone because of how far away we lived from one another at the time. He is still the nicest person I have ever known.

So here is why he is in the dog house tonight. He forgot to move the chicken feed bags from the shed to the greenhouse. I can do it but it is much harder for me, and I hurt all the time so it is wonderful when he gets the bags moved from one end of the yard to the other. (The greenhouse is right next to the coop.) I know that I should have asked, but tonight it is all his fault. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] This is the first time I can remember that he hasn't gotten this done before he left town. [​IMG]

Okay I am fairly sure that if I called "The Boy" aka our son, I can still get a man to move the feed sacks for me. If not I will get my trusty wagon and play tough broad again. UFF DA!

Maybe he will get enough points because he did get the water change done in the 75 gallon fish tank before he left. I will have to contemplate this awhile. [​IMG]

Or maybe the Mormon Boys will come by trying to convert me, and I will get them to move the feed bags. [​IMG]
    I am fairly sure that I am a creative problem solver. [​IMG]

2. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG]

my DH is finally out of the doghouse! lol only 2yrs. married! and theres quite alot of this [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] sometimes. but i guess they never grow out of being forgetful [​IMG] [​IMG]

and i have found that we, women, are very creative problem solvers... i needed a broody box and DH was at work...glared at the saw until 4pm then figured no one else was going to do it, so i better not cut my hand/fingers off! i did really well actually and was so proud of myself! [​IMG] just a few days left and the chickies will be here [​IMG]

you'll figure it out! [​IMG] good luck and congrats on 28yrs! [​IMG]

4. crazyaboutchickens

crazyaboutchickens Live Long And Prosper

Apr 10, 2010
    Nowhere/Everywhere
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw

my DH is finally out of the doghouse! lol only 2yrs. married! and theres quite alot of this [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] sometimes. but i guess they never grow out of being forgetful [​IMG] [​IMG]

and i have found that we, women, are very creative problem solvers... i needed a broody box and DH was at work...glared at the saw until 4pm then figured no one else was going to do it, so i better not cut my hand/fingers off! i did really well actually and was so proud of myself! [​IMG] just a few days left and the chickies will be here [​IMG]

you'll figure it out! [​IMG] good luck and congrats on 28yrs! [​IMG]

I love it. i totally understand the thing about looking at the tools long enough to finally get over the what ever the problem is, and just go for it. I did build a transition pen for moving in new birds in to the flock. I am still rather tickled that it is still together, and it worked. I figure that it is good for me. At my age I need to keep doing things or I will get old.

6. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Go buy a two wheeled dolly, which you can just slide the bags onto, roll them wherever and slide them off. That way, you don't even have to lift them, unless you are dumping them into a trashcan.

7. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I back the car up to the coop, then fill the feeders from the trunk, then what is left is something I can move without turning purple. 5 gallon buckets are also very handy. I have plenty of well-meaning help, but none of their memories are good for more than 5 minutes.

The other day the grocery bag carrying guy at the supermarket carried my paper trash (junk mail) from my car to the trash can on his way back with the cart. I had muttered something about needing to clear it out; I was embarrassed that he did this for me. I guess in the end their intentions are more meaningful than their short memories.

8. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote: I know that I should have asked, but tonight it is all his fault.

Yep. There it is.

It happens ALL the time.

Women seem to think that Men are "mind-readers". Forget that. It just ain't so.

And THAT EXPECTATION is EXTRAORDINARILY IRRITATING to MOST of us Men.

Wake up, girls. There ain't no "Genie" in that Groom's tuxedo. [​IMG]

my 2 pesos worth, [​IMG]
    -Junkmanme- [​IMG]

9. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Our doghouse has a revolving door... [​IMG]

10. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado

DH will see that I drug the feed bags out of the pickup, across the gavel, through the yard and into the coop. Well why didn't you ask, I would have done that. Well I figured since you put them in there you kinda knew the chickens weren't going to eat it out of there [​IMG]

Seriously though, it was me who was in the dog house last week!! For the second time in 4 years I forgot to make his work lunch [​IMG] No reason, no excuses, just slipped my mind. One time I was upset and the meanest thing I could think of was to leave the cheese off of his sandwich [​IMG] So he made the joke that he must have really made me mad for me to not make him ANY lunch [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by