1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

DH is out of the dog house.(for now)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lesliet, Jan 18, 2009.

1. lesliet

lesliet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Webster, FL
    Last week I set some eggs and DH [​IMG] decided that the temp need fine tuning, well with some duct tape and a big stick I got temp right again.
    Last night was day 7 and we candled them and we saw several little eyeballs [​IMG] So DH can come in out of the dog house.
    Now trying to keep his hands off of it for 2 more weeks [​IMG]

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    I keep trying to train dh that he is NOT helping (doesn't matter with what) unless he says something to me FIRST. Maybe I did it the way I did it for a reason and I don't want it changed. But, alas, after 40 years of wedded bliss, he still doesn't GET IT. [​IMG]

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Lol. My husband knows well enough to report to me before making changes. He wouldn't have survived the engagement if he hadn't learned that one.

Glad the eggies are still alright!

4. tattooedchickenlady

tattooedchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Dinky Springs, la
    My hubby set these eggs in the bator, so the fine tuning and adjustments are his deal, when I set eggs, he must keep his hands OFF!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by