1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

DH is the best...he must love them(chickens) as much as I do!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by leghorn, Jun 15, 2007.

1. leghorn

leghorn Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2007
    Sparta, TN
    He won't admit it, but after he finished my chicken coop for me, I know that he loves our chickens as much as I do. I must have the best DH on Earth, or he is crazy, but I promise he isn't hen pecked. [​IMG] No pun intended.
    Here is our coop. The dimensions are 10x20. The coop side is 10x12 with a feed/brooder room(on the left)measuring 10x8.
    It is still a work in progress. He still has some misc. things to do like finishing the gables and to run wiring for lighting and plumbing for water. We still have to paint it too. Right now it is in primer. All of the doors still have to be constructed, roosts made and the yard put in. But our babies should be in it soon.

Here is the inside rafters:
    [​IMG]

No back walls yet... and no primer
    [​IMG]

construction finished, but in primer(the hole on the end is a clean out)
    [​IMG]

I think I'll go give DH a big hug! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  2. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Very nice coop. Your DH sure loves you. The chickens too.

I was just thinking the same about mine. My girls are out free ranging as they are every evening. [when I havent seen mr hawk lately.] Out side neighbor is spreading gravel with a huge trackhoe for us. In comes DH and asks have you seen the girls I can't find them.They were of course ......chicken[pun intended] [​IMG] and hidding in the woods. We are lucky we have such great DH's. [​IMG]

3. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    Super coop!
    My DH doesn't know how to shop for a gift for me, but I know he loves me because he's always "doing" for me.
    Bless their hearts![​IMG]

4. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Amen!!! My DH can fix a car and anything electrical, and is awesome with water and plumbing, but he's not too handy with wood, so he had his cousin build our chicken coop. He loves me lots, and our chickens too. [​IMG]

5. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Thats amazing, I would be happy living there!

6. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    How adorable. I had to use an old tool shed but he fixed it for me. He plans on making a smaller coop for if/when the hens go broody. I made him a promise of no more chickens unless they come naturally. [​IMG]

Personally I don't think 24 chickens is too many.

7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Nice coop and solid construction. Wow!

8. rrrsmom

rrrsmom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2007
    salt lake city, Ut
    my dh loves me too but what's this about shopping for me? Dh's are supposed to buy you presents? I never knew that? My dh idea of a perfect gift is .. on mothers day and my birthday he cleans the kitchen! Funny how it was the oldest dd that talked us into the chickens for an easter present for the youngest dd. They loved um for about two weeks. Now dh and I spend quiet time talking in the chicken run. We both love it. No doubt he loves the chickens just as much as I do.

9. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    that is a totally wicked looking coop! You will be able to get HEAPS of chickies in there!

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I love your coop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by