1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dh is turning the big 40 in April.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Jolyn, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    I want to have a party to dh for his fortieth birthday. I need ideas to make this a fun. Have you given anyone a 40th or had one yourself? Where did you have it and were there any funny games or decorations you used?

Thanks for any info!

2. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    For my dad's we did all the "over the hill" stuff.

[edit:] Black balloons, black plates, cups, etc. His candle was in the shape of a headstone. We still have it in the freezer, I think.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

When I had my party everyone wore black armbands and my cake was in the shape of a coffin with black frosting. They played the death march instead of Happy Birthday, and my gifts included Geritol, Centrum silver vitamins, depends, laxatives, polygrip denture adhesive, etc...... A great time was had by all.

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    We didn't do anything for my 40th, or his 50th. But June he will turn 60, yes SIXTY. And it's time to do something. I've asked his sister & her husband to visit from Florida but they haven't committed yet. If they don't come, I don't know what to do.

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    my husband turns 40 this year too.. April 9th

6. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Now you know how it feels to have old age creeping up on you!

(DBF hates it when I say that... he'll be 40 in March)

7. Chicken Boo

Chicken Boo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    My DH turned 50 in April. There were those who would have bet this would never happen considering his reckless youth. I made sure it was a big deal.

We generally have a Spring Luau every year. This year it was his birthday party. I hired hula dancers and we had a slack key guitar concert. I invited a bunch of his college buddies (none could make it but he got a bunch of really sweet emails and phone calls). We have many musical friends and relatives and I solicited them to write/perform songs for DH. We invited several people who were responsible for him becoming a responsible adult. We had a face painter (who did a fabulous job). The big thing I did was hire help. I spend too much time doing stuff to keep the party going that I do not get to spend time with my guests. I had time to spend with my guest and someone else filled plates and cleaned up spills.

[​IMG]

8. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I will be 40 in 2 weeks.My wife will turn 42 in February though. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by