DH lost one of my Chicks!!!

ShaggysGirl

Songster
10 Years
May 24, 2009
Temperance, MI
I'm at work right now and won't be home till about 7pm. DH just called me to say he was putting the wood chips we got from my dad in the chicken run and two of my EEs got out. One ran into the woods
hit.gif
the other he is trying to lure in.
I asked didn't you lock them in the coop first before you started to shovel the chips over the fence? He said I didn't tell him to do that. I told him I assumed he would of known to do that. How could he not of known they'd freak out over shovels of chips and dirt flying in their run
smack.gif

I feel so bad my poor girl in the woods. She is only 16 weeks old. DH won't go in the wood because of the poison ivy
sad.png
I told him to get the treat pail and call to her....my baby

Whew, well he called again and said that he did go in the woods with the treat pail shaking it and she ran out but then she ran off towards the road and he lost her again. Then he called yet again and said he found her and got behind her and once she seen the other chickens she ran all the way to them and they ran to her.
I told him she was probably thinking OMGosh there you guys are .... my flock I thought I lost ya.
I'm so happy no predictors got her....whew
wee.gif

Maybe they'll have poison Ivy on their feathers and he ends up getting it anyway...might learn a lesson. glad they are home safe the loss of my 2 EEs wold push me over the ede since mine have not started laying yet and Im desperate to find out what color they will lay.

Thanks guys, When I got home they all seem well and happy. They love their new wood chips in the run and were scratching till their hearts were content
smile.png

DH did learn a valuable lesson. My girls are getting red in the comb and should start laying soon. If he loses one I'll flip.

Back
Top Bottom