DH now loves my chickens and has upgraded coop - PIX!!

bawkbawkbawk

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Coastal Southern California
DH has gone from being skeptical/annoyed re my chicken "experiment" to gung ho chicken lover. Here are his latest accomplishments:

1) A nice little "moat" around the edge of the coop. He had a drainage system added to be sure no water gets into the coop during the rainy season. He also had the roof sealed and added clear plastic over the pen so the girls have an "umbrella" on rainy days.

26444_img_3716.jpg

The river rocks cover the drain and we like the way they look:

26444_img_3718.jpg

2) He had a hose bib put in near the coop - very handy!

26444_img_3717.jpg

3) My son and his girlfriend painted the door to the coop. I love it!

26444_img_3784.jpg

4. And the piece de resistance - I convinced DH to build a "chicken observation deck" - we spend so much time over there that we decided it would be nice to do it in style:

26444_img_3793.jpg

Not quite finished yet, but you get the idea.

26444_img_4023.jpg

The girls at 22 weeks - still not laying yet, but they certainly can't complain about their lifestyle!

26444_img_3985.jpg

Wow! Just beautiful. Your chickens are very lucky and I hope they repay you with dozens of eggs! Your DH is a keeper! Enjoy that chicken perch/deck - watching Chicken TV is so much fun!

love it love it!!! My hubby was supportive but a little frighten by how hard and quick my obsession for the girls came on.... We sit out on our porch and watch them all the time. That is an asesome set up. DH says we can add on next year and I am already working on plans for my addition.

By the way if he works for food, beer and oodles of compliments send him over!!!!!! ASAP!!!

Are you KIDDIN'!?!? That thing is GORGEOUS! Do you have pics of the inside? I'd love to see them if you do!!

Back
Top Bottom