DH said What?! my Soldier found out my secret!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickensducks&agoose, Nov 13, 2010.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

While my husband has been in afghanistan, serving our country, I've been at home, doing all the things he'd never have let me do if he'd been home... like buying turkey chicks, and meaties etc.. Anyway, everyone in the family has been under strict orders to NOT tell DH about any of these poultry experiments. Anyway, DH called today, after a really, scary mission, and we were just chatting, trying to make things feel as normal as possible, and he mentioned that he might like to try one of those 'birds in the freezer'! Turns out BIL spilled the beans when DH mentioned he was thinking about getting meat birds this next spring, but was unsure how I (a vegetarian) would handle it... so funny! I did it this year so he could benefit firsthand from our chickens, and maybe he'd hate them less... and now we're discussing fencing and planning for next spring! He'll be home before christmas!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

3. Slinkytoys

Slinkytoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Black Forest
    Atta Girl! Just tell him you were reading his mind [​IMG]
    Slinky

4. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    I was looking for the "LIKE" button. That is so sweet.

5. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I did the same while my DH was working away in Kansas. Ive always wanted ducks but I knew if I got them when he got back he would say...Well, what do you need them for. I got 6 babies from Metzers 2 months before he got home and the next day when I went out to feed, he followed to go say hi to everyone (minis, goats). I let the ducks out and he was like WOW,, they are cute. He was ok with it after all. I have since gone from 6 babies to 22 ducks in less than a month. They are not for eating but we do sell all the aggs and they pay for their own food. [​IMG]

6. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG]

7. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    [​IMG]

tell him thank you for me and thank you too --

Love our soldiers [​IMG]

8. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Soooo glad he'll be home soon!! Praying for him and all our soldier daily!

9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Good news all around.

10. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Too funny! Glad he was more amenable to the idea than you thought he would be. When my Dh gets back from a deployment he always likes to take a tour of the house to see what new things I got while he was away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by