DH says that my brahmas will....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gritsar, Jan 18, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Probably go broody this year, since they will be two years old in April. His reasoning is that they are a late maturing breed.
    Okay, brahma experts. Is he right?

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:UMMM.............

HE is always right.

4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    yes they are late maturing and late to molt for the first time, but they don't tend to be all that broody, but will every now and then. So yes I know most of you don't want to admit it but yes THE HUSBAND IS RIGHT !!!!!!.

AL

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Well, I have two brahma hens that play at going broody from time to time, but never stick with it for very long. Both are special needs hens. If Lilith were to hatch chicks she'd probably teach them to eat glass, like she does. Lil'Bit is half blind and not all there. If she has chicks, I will have to mother them I'm afraid.
    Sorry guys, but I refuse to believe a man is always right. [​IMG]

6. rhoda_bruce

rhoda_bruce Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Cut Off, LA
    I would be willing to guess that you will see a couple of broody hens this year. Maybe not like cochins, but some.

7. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:ROTFLMAO ..........................I meant this time anyway............But I knew that response was coming, Poor dude never had a chance.

I have several nice trio's of Light Brahmas and wouldn't trade them for the world, they have stayed as the countless other breeds have been sold.

AL

8. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    I would never part with my light brahmas, they are such great birds, mine will be a year old in May!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by