1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

DH starts vacation tomorrow

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, Sep 10, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    So far on his honey-do list I have:

Bush hog the meadow behind the chicken coop
    Seal the leak in the roof of the chicken coop
    Clean off the screened porch
    Remove furniture from and shampoo carpet in the living room. Haven't hit him with my idea about painting the living room yet
    Drain and disassemble the fish tank (put it somewhere, anywhere BUT on the screened porch!)
    Take moi' to the fair
    GO TO THE DOCTOR!

Did I forget anything?

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Sounds like a great first day of vacation. [​IMG]

Imp-I spent my vacation on BYC

3. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    My hubby goes back to work tomorrow after 3 days of vacation this week plus the holiday. He did not complete the honey do list completely, but did get the fancy trim up on my coop, and get some odds/ends done.
    Remember, they're just little boys in big boy clothes... give them time with their Hot Wheels and playmates from time to time.

4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:If he's real good I'll tell him where I hid the keys to the harley on day three...or four. [​IMG]

5. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Quote:HEY!!! That's not nice!!

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas

But soooo true! [​IMG]

7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Sounds like you helped my wife plan my VACATION, couldn't wait to get back to work so I could get some rest.

8. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009

But soooo true! [​IMG]

They can do stuff!! They're not kids anymore, they're knowledgeable adults!!! Treat them like an adult!

9. sweet tweets

sweet tweets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    And if he takes care of these things, he will earn a nap each afternoon, have you decided where he will nap? You have the sofa...

10. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:But soooo true! [​IMG]

They can do stuff!! They're not kids anymore, they're knowledgeable adults!!! Treat them like an adult!

Kiddo, I am double/triple yer age I'd guess, and I still like my time to play with my toys and be a kid. I grew up wanting to be Peter Pan... Ooops, dated myself there didn't I? I never want to grow up!!!! And I'm proud of it!!!!

Gritsar- Make him work hard till football comes on, but c'mon, lots of good football games saturday-sunday, then work him like a dog monday, and go riding the Harley the rest of the time [​IMG] He'll love having ya ride behind him [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by