DH Surprised me Today!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by swampducks, May 22, 2008.

1. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    He called from his camp (he's been hand digging a well so I haven't seen him much lately) to talk and see how my mom is (she's better) [​IMG] . Anyway. He also called to see how my chicks were doing that I picked up yesterday. I told him 2 did not seem well and I might lose them (oddly one seemed to improve while we were on the phone, fingers crossed!).

I told him I was going to drive my mom back home next week, 2 weeks earlier than planned because she had been so ill (long story) and he would need to take care of the chicks with my neighbor who owns half the meat chicks. I suggested he could work on the new coop while here or else he'd have to take the indoor birds back to camp with him.

The "coop" had shrunk from the 8 x 8 sq ft one I wanted to one about 3 x 5, because that would be easier for him.

But today, he said he'd been thinking about the coop design and if he's going to do it at all, he might as well do it right!!! (I have gotten used to so-so fixes around the house lately the deck he "fixed" 2 years ago, needs fixing again.)

WOOHOO!!!! [​IMG] I didn't push him for details but my fingers are crossed that I may get that bigger coop after all! I wonder if he's feeling sorry for me for all the stress I've been through lately? Whatever the reason, I'll take it!

2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Thats great news! Maybe he knew you needed a boost!! I hope your Mom is feeling better soon.

4. swampducks

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    Quote:The difference between yesterday morning and today is like night and day. She went from not sleeping, eating and wheezing to perky, slept like a log, and eating quite a bit today. It all seemed to be an excess fluid problem. Congestive heart failure is a nasty thing. One of the delightful things I get to look forward to in my old age. [​IMG]

5. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    I'm glad that she's having a better day today. It's really hard to have an ill parent. [​IMG]

As for the coop...... [​IMG] [​IMG]

I hope we'll get to see photos of it, once it's done! [​IMG]

6. swampducks

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    Quote:Well, DH blew me away again, and started the coop today! There isn't much yet, but he wanted me to see the size (he went with 6 x 8, which is just fine and dandy) and poured the concrete footings and built one cross section so I could get a feel for it. He laid it on the ground where we want it to go.

He's got to buy more supplies Monday (BBQ party tomorrow) and will work on it while I take my mom back home to MA. It probably won't be done before I return in a week but this is way faster than I was expecting! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by