DH surprised me :)

michickenwrangler

To Finish Is To Win
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
NE Michigan
He got us a small chest freezer!

Now I can freeze even more sweet corn next summer and we'll have room for it all and meat, and frozen blueberries and cherries and baked goods ...
celebrate.gif

Quote:
I love my chest freezers! I have a small one and a full size one. We keep meat in the big one and veggies and stuff like that in the small one. I would have to go to the grocery store every other day if I didn't have them.

Congrats on your new freezer. I have one too and just love it. It's just the right size for my smallish garden. This year I was able to freeze green and yellow beans, corn, apple pie filling, blueberries, peaches, and zuchinni - not to mention my big Thanksgiving turkey. He was sitting in there until this morning.
big_smile.png

Congratulations on your new freezer. I love mine and I don't know what I would do without it. Between the garage refigerator and the one in the house, plus the chest freezer, we manage. I could still use more space at times.

I'm so excited! Now next time I go to the dairy farm to get my cowshare milk and meat I'll have to stock up on meat!

And when the meat market has chicken on special ... now where do I buy butcher paper?
big_smile.png

I asked for a chest freezer a few years ago for Christmas....my sister gave me a frozen bra! Happy to see your DH is more practical! I love freezing corn and applesauce too.

I have to be careful when I leave for a few days. Last time I was gone for a longer period of time I came home to a

6 ft. by 8 ft. walk-in freezer. He put it together himself, bless his heart. Now the garage sounds like it is ready for take-off. Lots of room for the frozen food (as well as the raw diet for our dogs).
Did I mention how loud the motor is? Thrummm Thrummm Thrummm
hmm.png

He had to use the Bobcat skid loader to lift the motor onto the ceiling of the freezer. It is nice and shiny. Oh, and it makes a lot of noise. Keeps the cats out of the garage though.....
Has a light inside, easy to read controls---we've added a few steel shelves for ease of storage.
It makes a lot of noise, sigh.........

Slinky

Last edited:
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

I couldn't live without mine. We bought the one with the dividers in it and it is the best thing I have ever bought! Can't wait to put up some deer meat and fresh veggies next spring.

Back
Top Bottom