DH surprised me :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by michickenwrangler, Nov 23, 2010.

1. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    He got us a small chest freezer!

Now I can freeze even more sweet corn next summer and we'll have room for it all and meat, and frozen blueberries and cherries and baked goods ... [​IMG]

2. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Quote:I love my chest freezers! I have a small one and a full size one. We keep meat in the big one and veggies and stuff like that in the small one. I would have to go to the grocery store every other day if I didn't have them.

3. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Congrats on your new freezer. I have one too and just love it. It's just the right size for my smallish garden. This year I was able to freeze green and yellow beans, corn, apple pie filling, blueberries, peaches, and zuchinni - not to mention my big Thanksgiving turkey. He was sitting in there until this morning. [​IMG]

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Congratulations on your new freezer. I love mine and I don't know what I would do without it. Between the garage refigerator and the one in the house, plus the chest freezer, we manage. I could still use more space at times.

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Cool! [​IMG]

6. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Wow, and it's not even X-Mas yet.

7. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    I'm so excited! Now next time I go to the dairy farm to get my cowshare milk and meat I'll have to stock up on meat!

And when the meat market has chicken on special ... now where do I buy butcher paper? [​IMG]

8. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    I asked for a chest freezer a few years ago for Christmas....my sister gave me a frozen bra! Happy to see your DH is more practical! I love freezing corn and applesauce too.

9. Slinkytoys

Slinkytoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Black Forest
    I have to be careful when I leave for a few days. Last time I was gone for a longer period of time I came home to a

6 ft. by 8 ft. walk-in freezer. He put it together himself, bless his heart. Now the garage sounds like it is ready for take-off. Lots of room for the frozen food (as well as the raw diet for our dogs).
    Did I mention how loud the motor is? Thrummm Thrummm Thrummm [​IMG]
    He had to use the Bobcat skid loader to lift the motor onto the ceiling of the freezer. It is nice and shiny. Oh, and it makes a lot of noise. Keeps the cats out of the garage though.....
    Has a light inside, easy to read controls---we've added a few steel shelves for ease of storage.
    It makes a lot of noise, sigh.........

Slinky

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  10. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

I couldn't live without mine. We bought the one with the dividers in it and it is the best thing I have ever bought! Can't wait to put up some deer meat and fresh veggies next spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by