Diaherra... it just goes on and on...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Dingleberry, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Woodinville
    My EE has had "Diaherra [​IMG] since we got her in April. she is over a year old. HOused with my 4 other birds; and they don't have the same problem she does. They all free-range; eat the same food but her poop shoot sounds likke a gush when it should be a plop. [​IMG]

2. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Does she have cocidus? [​IMG] (I think I spelled that wrong) [​IMG]

3. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Ok, I know this is weird, but could you describe what it looks like, maybe post a picture?

Liquidy droppings are sometimes caused by stress. I took one of my hens to the vet over her sudden liquid droppings, and learned it was stress related (she was in the beginning stages of fowl pox, and was getting picked on by the other birds).

You got this new bird in April. How is she settling into the flock? Any pecking order problems? Is she moulting? How's her laying?

4. Dingleberry

Apr 22, 2010
    Woodinville
    I think she is the lowest on the pecking order. She is laying good. she is not molting or being pecked by the other 4. She was with them all her life I believe. Hahaha a picture of the poo. I will try getting one today

5. Dingleberry

Apr 22, 2010
    Woodinville
    Describing her poo, mostly liquid with some solid chunks but the majority is liquid

6. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Clear? Kind of thickish and mucousy? If so, that's likely a stress dropping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by