Diamond has turned into a Demon!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by stormylady, Jun 26, 2011.

1. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Diamond used to be such a little sweetheart, but since she has a little family of her own , (shes a white silkie BTW) She is Wow a mean little thing!
    She chases the dogs, and if I get too close she holds no bones about grabbing the skin on my hands and twisting and it hurts but I let her "Scare " me off. LOL I don't want her to lose her confidence in being able to protect her kiddos! Not sure if that would even happen, but I have watched alot of wildlife shows that says that if a mother attacks defending her babies you should move away and allow her to believe she has done her job at protecting her offspring. (Not sure if Chickens are in the same catagory as "wild life" but figured the same policy applies. She is a wonderful lil Momma but I wish she was my sweet little Diamond again, someday. Maybe after she raises these kids she will return to her sweet little self??? .

2. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

I think when she is done raising the chicks, she will be her old sweet self until she goes broody again, which could be soon since she is a silkie.

3. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    She should.. She is probably just being a protective mommy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by