Diamond hatched one of her eggs this morning!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stormylady, Jun 5, 2011.

1. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Yahhhhh!! Diamond hatched out one of her eggs this morning! could have been last night because she growled at me for the first time ever yesterday when I was refilling her bowl of feed and her water. I went in to check on her and I heard "Peep" in a teeny tiny little voice and looked and sure enough there was a empty shell!! She is sitting tight on her nest and won't let me look!! here is what they could be, A pure silkie, a silver seabright, a silver/buff seabright or a silkie/fav chick! I really want the Sal.fav/silkie mix but I will be happy with whatever I get, put hoping for pullets of the SF persuasion! LOL Pictures coming soon , well as soon as she will let me get em!!

PS I can't wait to post the "Whos your Daddy pictures!!" LOL

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  2. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Ut-oh just thought of another thing? should I replace her laying pellets with chick starter? Im sure the babies need it or should I keep a bowl of her pellet in there and put a small bowl of starter in there also, and about the waterer, should I put rocks in her bowl to keep them from drowning? Help me please first time grandma to chicks born to a real live Momma! LOL well going to put stones in her bowl cause now Im worried!

3. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Up to 2 they both appear to be silkies, at least half! They have feathered legs and at least one with a poof up top! there buff or eggshell colored and 1 has real clear dots on her/him the other appears a little smugded! but also some sort of splash! Boy this is soooo exciting!

4. RedfogsFlock

RedfogsFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    Wittmann, AZ
    oh can't wait for pics![​IMG]

5. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Me too! Im thinking tomarrow after the hatch is complete she will ALLOW me in there to get some or at least steal the youngins' for a quick Photo session! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by