Diaper Chicks on the loose!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenzoo, Jan 30, 2009.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I let everyone out with their diapers on.... Sweet Pea (in apple print) loved running all over the house w/o hubby yelling at her to stop pooing on the floor. Sophie my silkie still wasn't sure what do do with her diaper on, and pretty much sat around, well she is a silkie. Lookout 2 got the hang of it and soon was bounding off after Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea even layed an egg in hers after she jumped up on the couch and snuggled up in my blanket. [​IMG] This week has been a sad one but it's hard to stay sad with chickens roaming your house.
    Here they are at the start....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sophie in her I'm not impressed stance....

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. tofuranch

tofuranch What Came First????

Dec 11, 2008
    Do you have a picture of just the diaper, these are very cute pictures

3. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

[​IMG] That is the neatest thing I've ever seen....got me thinkin where can I get me some of those..that is just darlin!!!

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I made them out of some scraps I had. There is a pattern on the forums here.

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I believe buttonquailboy posted the pattern

6. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Mine too. [​IMG] What does your pattern look like? I've been making them too. There are several ways to make them and was wondering what works for everyone else. My silkies have a hard time walking in them compared to my other birds. I wonder if it is because they are so short. '

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is this how yours look?

7. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    That is toooo FUNNY! [​IMG]

8. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    I'm tilting my head, trying to figure out how I would get that on a chicken....what a cute idea! After having my 'babies' in the laundry room for over 3 months this is growing on me....LOL. They just went out with the other girls today![​IMG]

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]
    This is a fast one I whipped up. It is a little different then yours and made out of stiffer material. It fits well, and my other birds have learned to use it, Sophie is just reluctant. I do notice if they feel like there is any tension on their wing, they will not want to move. LOL By the end of the day, and some left over spaghetti, she was walking"some". She's not a big walker anyhow. [​IMG]
    I think she's too spoiled. [​IMG]
    P.S. Your Chicks and diapers are cute.... [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  10. Ferngully

Ferngully Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    N.E. Florida
    Wow, they are so cute. I need a few of these. They look like little swimsuits off the chicken.

I get tired of poop patrol when they are allowed to run around the room. DD has one chicken she likes to bring in the house, and we have a couple(oegb pair) who live in the house (well they are suppose to just sleep inside at night).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by