Diaper Eating Puppy Update!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by USMCwifey, Jul 2, 2011.

1. USMCwifey

USMCwifey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    WNY
    Our little puppy is coming home TODAY!!! [​IMG] He made it threw the last couple days which was on and off, but is finally back on his feet. His blood work isn't that great, but because he's young the vet said he could still rebuild liver tissue and go back to normal in time! We're so happy he made it threw and we get to have our little guy back home. Thank you everyone for the prayers and positive thoughts! [​IMG]

2. hollyclyff

hollyclyff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    NC
    That is wonderful news!

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    [​IMG] That is GREAT news! I am so happy for you! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

So glad to hear he's doing better! [​IMG]

5. AinaWGSD

AinaWGSD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sullivan, IL
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I'm so glad to hear that he's through the woods! Get that puppy on some liver supplements (denamarin and denosyl are both nutricuticals and you should be able to find them OTC if your vet doesn't carry them, alternately milk thistle from a health food store would also have beneficial effect) and keep a double lock on the diaper pail!

6. USMCwifey

USMCwifey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    WNY
    He's doing very good now, almost back to normal! His poops are still a little soft with small amounts of blood in them. He's on about 4 different meds for the next week, but all in all he's doing very good. Jumping around and playing with everyone again. It's so hard to believe we almost lost him! He's gonna be one spoiled dog, that's for sure. [​IMG]

7. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:Glad to here he is doing good. [​IMG]

8. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    So happy the little guy's getting better! I never knew diapers could be dangerous like that. One of my neighbor's has a child in diapers, and they are always having diapers spill out of the trash can onto the road------my boxer has brought a few stinky ones home-------super, super GROSS! It makes me angry, because the only reason the diapers are ending up on the road is due to the fact that these people refuse to pay a little extra to the trash company to have a bin. Their cans are definately not even close to being raccoon-proof so they have trash on the ground often. Thank goodness they have their house up for sale.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by